All gifts to the Foundation benefit student needs in Lexington County School District One. You can support the Foundation with a contribution of cash, an annual pledge, memorial gift, real estate, stock, planned giving, or an in-kind gift. All financial gifts to the Foundation are tax deductible.
Contributions to the Foundation have made possible the following educational initiatives:
Managing Funds through a Partnership with the Local Schools and Community:
- A fire truck was purchased by White Knoll Middle School and given to the Red Hook Fire Station in New York City after 9.11.01
- Twenty-seven partial scholarships for college education
- Establishment of the Lexington One Virtual School
- The Michelin Golden Apple Teacher Grants
- The Joshua Torrence Memorial Field House
- Joshua Torrence Memorial Bricks
- Memorials and Honorariums
- “Annual Dam Swim for Drew” -- A 2-mile open water swim meet on Lake Murray to honor the life of Drew Smith, while promoting boating and swimming safety.
- Heroes and Legends -- $100,000 was donated for the naming and dedication of the Floyd D. Spence AFJROTC Wing at Lexington High School.
- A Wall of Honor was established at each high school in memory of graduates who lost their lives while serving our country.
- Heart of Lexington One/Raymond Caughman Books for Children was made possible by donations for the upgrading of media center collections at all Lexington County School District One Schools.
- Celebration of Excellence in Education -- an annual banquet held for the top 10% of the graduating seniors from our 5 high schools and their induction into the Old English Society, based on academic achievement.
- Dancing with the Stars Lexington an annual event where funds are raised for designated projects
throughout Lexington County School District One for students and teachers. The Foundation has designated LexLeads, LexLearns, and LexLives, components of our Schools of the Future-NOW! Initiative, as our priority with emphasis on preparing our graduates to compete in the marketplace of tomorrow, both locally and globally.
- Parenting education videos
- Sponsorships for laptop computers for learning
- LEAP Campaign to fund financial aid to employees and students
- Publication of the History of Lexington One Schools
- Alumni Foundation Membership -- Membership composed of graduates dedicated to investing in dreams and futures of its schools, students, and students to come.
- Business/Corporate/Individual Memberships
- $500 Mini-grants to use in classroom projects
- Employee and Student Recognition Awards
- Joseph M. Bedenbaugh Administrator of the Year Award
- Business Partnership/Greater Lexington Chamber of Commerce