Teaching experience is sometimes acceptable for credit towards license certificates.
To receive experience credit, the applicant must provide an official
description of the professional duties for which he or she wishes to receive the credit.
These duties must have been connected to the primary educational program through
teaching, education administration, curriculum development, or teacher training. With the
exception of trade and industry experience credit (see R. 43-63), employment must meet
the requirements for full-time or half-time employment as stated below. For an individual
to receive experience credit, he or she must verify full-time or half-time employment in
one of the following educational positions:
- A professional position in a public, private, or parochial elementary or secondary
- A professional position in a regionally or nationally accredited institution of
higher education or an institution with teacher education programs approved by
the State Board of Education.
- A position as a teacher's aide, provided the applicant had an earned undergraduate
degree during the period of employment.
- A professional education position in a teacher exchange program or a city, county,
state, or federal education program for school-aged or adult populations.
- A professional education or training position in a privately funded education
program for school-aged or adult populations.
- A professional education position in a city, county, state, or federal educational
system that supports the primary education program for a school-aged or adult